Monday, May 12, 2008

First Official Denton Runners Race?

Ok, as a running club, one thing I really want for us to do is start sponsoring some more races in our area - in case you haven't noticed, they are currently few and far between. To get started, it looks like we will be co-sponsoring a 5K this fall with the Recreation and Leisure Studies Students Association benefitting the Denton Boys and Girls Club. The actual race will be in Trophy Club, but I believe that advertising will be primarily in Denton. I am currently trying to get RunOn! to help us sponsor the event by providing race equipment such as time-clocks, chips, etc. Regardless, I think our group will play a part in this event, which will be a great way for us to gain more visibility - as well as more members!

I will keep you all updates as this progresses, but I hope some of you might be willing to pitch in as we draw nearer to the day of the event!

For now - keep running!

No comments: